How do I install the Microsoft Silverlight Plugin?
This article outlines how to install the Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin.
To install the Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin, you must have administrator access to your computer, and meet the following requirements.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher OR Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Mac OSX 10.5.7 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher OR Safari 4 or higher
Windows XP is not supported by version 5 of Silverlight. However, version 4 may still work for you [in an unsupported fashion]. You can download it from this third party website, which has a good reputation for not distributing malicious files.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight, or search Google for "Get Microsoft Silverlight".
- You'll be taken to the Get Microsoft Silverlight page. Click the Install for Windows or Install for Macintosh link, depending on your computer.
- Follow the installation instructions presented below the download links.