SCCM - How to self-grant admin rights on your workstation (make me admin)
If you're looking to install some software or perform a task that requires administrator rights, follow the below directions to elevate your account temporarily.
To perform self-elevation of your account, you must be using a computer that is:
- Running Windows 10
- Supported by ITServices [has an Asset or Service tag]
- Please note the first time you use this tool, it requires you to be connected to the UBC network (wired or wireless)
- If you are remote, you can use the VPN - Cisco AnyConnect Start Before Login Module Tool
1. From your Start Menu, begin typing Make Me Admin and Open the Application
2. You will see the following screen, select Grant Me Administrator Rights
3. Next, you will see a notification from Windows in the bottom right corner of your screen indicating your are now an administrator:
While you are an administrator, any task requiring those rights may ask you to authenticate using your EAD/CWL credentials.
Note: You will remain an administrator for 10 minutes, at which point your account will be reverted back to it's normal privileges. You will get another notification to let you know that you are no longer an administrator: