Touch Screen Device Cleaning Guidance & Shared Campus Device Safe Operation Procedure
The following information provides guidance in relation to cleaning touch screens, including for shared campus printers, photocopiers, room control devices, phones and / or tablet screens and has been reviewed by UBCO Health, Safety and Environment.
Recommended Cleaning Supplies
- 70/30 alcohol based wipes can be periodically used to wipe down shared surfaces, such as electronic touch screens
- You can purchase wipes on the Staples Catalogue in Workday (search for 70 / 30 alcohol wipes or iCloth)
- Reference this job aid on how to Submit a Purchase Requisition using a Catalogue to order directly from Staples in Workday.
Procedure for Use of Shared Electronic Touch Screens (printer, photocopier, room control panel, etc.)
Each department should address expectations in relation to the shared use of equipment within their space within their Safe Work Plan.
In general, the following should be observed:
- Please ensure no more than one person is using the device at a time, leaving 2 meters between users in the area at all times.
- Please wear a mask while using the device in a shared space.
- Please use hand sanitizer pre & post use of the device.
- If desired, the surface can be occasionally wiped down with a 70/30 alcohol-based wipe for use on electronics.
Attached to this article is a PDF of a poster which can be printed and displayed above a shared printing device for information on safe cleaning procedures and shared use policies.
Advice on Infection Control Measures
If you have any questions or require advice about Infection Control Measures at UBC Okanagan, please contact Health, Safety & Environment at HSE.email@example.com.
Visit ubc.ca/covid19 and https://ok.ubc.ca/covid19/ for more information about UBC’s response to COVID-19, including frequently asked questions.