How to: Add Citation Add-ins to Microsoft Word (Mendeley)
NOTE: For more information go here.
Part 1: Add the App Catalog to the Trust Center
- In Microsoft Word, click on the File tab, then click on
- Click on Trust Center.
- Click on the Trust Center Settings
- Click on Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
- For Catalog Url, type in: https://ubcca.sharepoint.com/sites/appcatalogue
- Click on the Add catalog
- Place a checkmark to select Show in Menu.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- When prompted, click OK.
- Click OK.
- Close and re-open Microsoft Word.
Part 2: Add the Citation Add-in
- Click on the Insert
- Click on My Add-ins.
- Click on My Organization.
- Click on the desired add-in and click OK.
- The add-in will appear and be ready to use.
ERROR: "Your organization has disabled access to the Office Store."
NOTE: You might have to restart/quit Word several times if you don’t see Mendeley under the My Organization tab. Also make sure you are connected to UBCSecure. If you’re not able to add it to the Word app, you could consider using use the web version of Word instead.