Basic Canvas Troubleshooting tips
Article ID: 1170 | Last Updated: Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 9:27 AM
- Please note that Canvas “supports the two most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge” with Chrome recommended.
- Also, it is not recommended to access Canvas on unsecured networks or public wifi.
- It is required to have MacOS version 10.14 or higher to access Canvas and other important UBC websites
Images not displaying on Safari:
- Apple has recently updated the privacy controls in Safari, which has caused problems with displaying images on Canvas.
- A potential solution would be to disable "Prevent cross-site tracking"
- Open Safari and click on “Safari” in the Menu tab on top-left corner
- Click on “Preferences”, a new window will open and then navigate to “Privacy” tab
- In “Privacy”, under “Website Tracking” untick “Prevent cross-site tracking”
Some other troubleshooting steps:
- Update your browser to recent version
- Clear Cache and Cookies on the browser
- Check your internet connection
- Try connecting to a different network
- Try using an incognito or in-private browsing mode on the browser you are currently using
- Try using a different browser
Some other useful links:
- Canvas Troubleshooting Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Troubleshooting/tkb-p/Troubleshooting
- Student Guide to Canvas at UBC: https://keepteaching.ubc.ca/files/2020/04/canvas-student-guide.pdf
- Canvas FAQ for students: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10701#jive_content_id_Introduction
- Canvas FAQ: https://students.canvas.ubc.ca/faq/