How to replace toner on a Ricoh multi-function device
Follow these instructions to replace toner on a Ricoh multi-function device.
To replace toner, you must be using approved Ricoh toner bottles that are specific to your Ricoh multi-function device. If you have questions on compatibility, please call Ricoh at 1-800-267-9469 and have your serial number handy.
When the System Message box shows toner bottle empty, it is time to change the toner cartridge. You can still print up to 300 pages in this state. Instructions will also be shownd on the device panel.
- Open the front panel of the multi-function device.
- Remove the used toner cartridge.
- Shake the new cartridge "lightly" vertically (see inside panel).
- Unscrew the bottle cap and insert it into the device with the arrow on top.
- Close the panel door.
- When adding toner, do not turn off the main power.
- Do not shake the toner cartridge with its mouth/cap facing down.
- Never remove, shake and re-insert the used cartridge.
Follow the "How to recycle Ricoh used toner" guide for instructions on the toner disposal and recycling process.