How do I install campus-licensed software on a computer running Windows?
This article describes how to self-install campus-licensed software on supported computers running Windows. For instructions on installing campus-licensed software on supported computers running Windows, please see How do I install campus-licensed software on a computer running OSX? .
To perform self-installs, you must be using a computer that is:
- Running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 [ How do I know if I am running Windows XP or Windows 7? ]
- Supported by ITServices [has an Asset or Service tag]
- Running the Novell Client [all fully supported Windows machines have this]
- Connected to the campus wired or wireless network
Windows 7 or Windows 8
Before you begin, connect to the campus wired or wireless network. If you connect to the wired network, your installations will go substantially quicker.
- Click the Start button located in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
- Type nalwin into the Search programs and files text box
- Windows will search and display the nalwin program at the top of the start menu.
- Click the nalwin program, as shown in the diagram below:
If, at this point, you do not see the nalwin program at the top of your start menu, your computer is not configured for self-installation. You can submit a ticket through the helpdesk to have a technician perform the installation of your software, and configure your machine so that you can self-install campus licensed software in the future.
- The Novell Application Launcher will load and present you with the ZENworks Window, similar to the one shown below.
- Double-click on the software package you want to install to begin the installation procedure.
Software installation may take up to 30 minutes with larger applications.Warning
Installations must be run consecutively, not concurrently. If you run concurrent installs, Windows will cancel the second install and display an error message. This does not break anything - you can retry the install when the first install is completed.
- When finished performing installations, close the ZENworks Window.
If you are running a computer with Windows XP, please submit a ticket through our helpdesk to inquire about available upgrade options.