How can students and faculty access Camtasia Studio or Snagit licensing?
Students, faculty, and staff who wish to download and install Camtasia or SnagIT on their own equipment [Mac or PC] can follow these instructions.
If you have an ITServices supported Windows 7 computer, you may want to try our simplified Self-Service Software instructions, available here: How do I install campus-licensed software myself?
To obtain and install Camtasia Studio or SnagIT, you must:
- Have an active CWL account
- Be an active staff or faculty member, or an active UBC student
- Have a computer running Windows 7 or greater, OR running OSX 10.8 or greater
Links to installation files, and the serial numbers required, can be found in the UBC Connect system:
- Login to UBC Connect at http://elearning.ubc.ca/connect/login-to-connect/
- At the top of the page, click the Resources tab.
- Scroll down and, on the right side of the page, you will find the download links and installation codes for Camtasia Studio and SnagIT on Windows and Mac.