How do I submit a new ticket for IT support using the UBC Self-Service Portal?
On November 2, 2020, UBC IT Okanagan moved to the UBC Self-Service Portal along with the Integrated Services Centre after the launch of Workday. This makes it easier for staff and faculty in the Okanagan, and across UBC, to access a variety of UBC support services from a single website: ubc.service-now.com.
How to submit a new ticket using the Self-Service Portal
- Log in to the UBC self-service portal using your CWL ID and password at - www.ubc.service-now.com/selfservice
- Click on “Get Help”.
- Enter the required information. Ensure the Campus selection is UBC – Okanagan.
- Describe your issue so the support team has the details they need to help. You can also attach screenshots or additional information as needed to provide more details about your issue.
- You can expect follow up within 24 to 48 hours. Most requests will continue to be managed by the Okanagan IT support team, however any services managed by Vancouver will be sent directly to the relevant team as needed.
- Click on “View My tickets” to view the status of your tickets and communicate with the teams working on your tickets.
You can choose to resolve the ticket if the request or problem is no longer needed, or you can update the urgency if you require a resolution sooner.
You will receive updates from the IT teams providing support to your requests both on this screen as well as by email. You can respond to these communications by replying to those emails (do not remove the INC # from the subject field or it will create a new ticket) AND / OR from this view on the Self-Service portal.