How can I get Hyperion to work in Firefox?
Follow these instructions to get the Hyperion budgeting tool working in your web browser.
You must be using a computer that has Firefox installed. These instructions work on both Mac OSX and Windows.
There is an exploit called Logjam that IE 10 and older are vulnerable to. For this reason, IE is not recommended. IE11 is not compatible with Hyperion, although it may be in Enterprise Mode [testing on this has yet to be performed].
These instructions were based off of Firefox v38.0.5. Newer/older versions of Firefox may look different.
- Launch Firefox.
- Open the Application menu, and click Add-Ons.
- From the menu on the left, click Get Add-ons.
- In the search field at the top, type in remote-xul-manager and press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon.
- In the list of add-ons that appears, locate Remote XUL Manager - Signed and click the Install button.
- Wait for Remote XUL Manager to download and install. When it’s done, the Install button will disappear, and three buttons will appear - Options, Disable, and Remove. Click the Options button.
On computers running Mac OSX, there will be a Preferences button instead of an Options button.
- The Remote XUL Manager window will appear. Click the Add... button.
- In the Add domain dialog that appears, enter the full domain name of cwbprod.adm.ubc.ca, and click OK.
- Close the Remote XUL Manager window.
- Launch Hyperion.
Generally, a restart is not required. However, if the above steps do not work for you, close Firefox, reload it, and launch Hyperion.