How To Create Accounts for Student Employees and Teaching Assistants
The process for hiring Student Employees and Teaching Assistants (TA) has changed with the launch of Workday. Please they follow these instructions to ensure the applicable IT Accounts and Access are created. For regular employee onboarding requests, please complete the Okanagan - Employee IT Onboarding form.
- Student Employees and Teaching Assistants (TA) must already have gone through the Workday hiring process and be granted an Employee ID.
- The employee status must be active and the following steps can only be done after the Workday hire date (It can take up to 72 hours for some of the automated processes to complete).
- For other accounts such as Voice Services, Computer & Hardware, Printing, or Network Drive access, please complete the Okanagan - Employee IT Onboarding form.
- Canvas access could be impacted for Teaching Assistants who do not have their Employee ID attached to their CWL.
1. Go to myAccount and login with your CWL ID and Password.
2. Click Add Affiliation.
3. The Employee Number should already be affiliated with your CWL account and is listed under Current Affiliations. Please continue to Step 5.
4. If the Employee Number is not yet affiliated with your account, you will need to manually affiliate your Employee Number with your CWL identity.
- Select Employee Number in the New Affiliation Type dropdown, and enter your UBC Employee Number.
- If you do not know your Employee Number, please reach out to your hiring manager.
- Although it's usually quick, once you have completed this step, you may have to wait up to 24 hours before proceeding. An EAD account and FASmail account will be provisioned during this step. When you're able to log into mail.ubc.ca using your CWL username and password, you safe to move on to the next step
- If you receive an error message when trying to link your employee #, please contact the service desk at (250) 807-9000 for assistance.
5. Click on “Add FASmail Alias” in the left menu (you may need to log out and back into myaccount.ubc.ca to see the "Add FASmail Alias" option).
6. You can now set your FASmail alias by following the instructions and prompts on the page.
7. Please remember to save all your changes before exiting. Note: All changes are final. Once you exit the page, the “Add FASmail Alias” option will disappear from the menu. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the page.
If you do not see the option to "Add FASmail Alias", this means:
- The Employee ID has not been properly associated with your CWL yet.
- Your account is not eligible for a FASmail alias.
- A FASmail Alias has been previously created for your account.