A Guide to Using MS Teams at UBC
UBC IT decommissioned Skype for Business on May 31, 2021. To continue to support your collaboration needs, everyone was moved to Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that was launched for UBC August 2020 to allow UBC groups to create content and share information that they need to work together.
To learn more about MS Teams, please visit it.ubc.ca/teams
UBCO IT's Guide to Using MS Teams at UBC provides detailed instructions on using MS Teams, including:
- Setting up a Team
- Creating & Using Channels
- Creating & Sharing & Collaborating on Files
- Using Chat
- Creating Meetings with Teams
- Advanced Tips & More Help
The two page PDF linked below offers a quick reference on how to Request a New Team and where to find more help.
MS Teams Training Videos for UBCO Staff & Faculty
If you’d like to learn how to use MS Teams (and OneDrive) with your department, faculty, class or project, view our Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by UBCO IT: (click a session below to view the recording)
- Tuesday May 25 – Getting Started I: Creating Teams, Channel & Files
- Thursday May 27 – Getting Started II: Using Chat & Hosting Meetings
- Wednesday June 2 – Advanced: Teams & OneDrive
- Friday June 4 – Teams & OneDrive: Review & Open Q&A
To request an overview to getting started with Teams for your UBCO department, please contact UBCO IT's Engagement Services team.