How to Request Zoom Accounts for TA and Paid Students
UBC has a campus-wide license for Zoom as a platform for delivering courses online and larger meetings. Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing platform that offers a wide range of features. For more information on the service, please visit: https://it.ubc.ca/zoom
Zoom is available to all UBC Employees (faculty, staff, and paid students), for meeting and collaboration purposes, as well as for live online classes of up to 250 attendees. To meet the eligibility requirements, the meeting host must have the following:
- CWL with an active employee status
- An active Faculty and Staff ( FASmail ) mailbox
Link Employee ID to CWL
Before requesting a Zoom account for Student Employees and Teaching Assistants, please ensure that an Employee ID is affiliated with their CWL identity by following the steps outlined in How To Create Accounts for Student Employees and Teaching Assistants.
Single Zoom Account Creation
After the FASmail account is created, complete the following steps to request a Zoom account:
- Complete the Submit a General Service Request form
- Choose Campus: UBC Okanagan
- Enter Detailed Description: Zoom Account Request
- Be sure to include the user's First Name, Last Name and Email
Bulk Account Create for Teaching Assistants & Student Employees
Administrators may request accounts on behalf of their teaching assistants or student employees in bulk by:
- Complete an excel spreadsheet with the following columns, or copy the template:
- First Name
- Last Name
- UBC Email
- Note that the email address must be a valid UBC email (@ubc.ca, @mail.ubc.ca or @student.ubc.ca). If the user also requires access to Teams or OneDrive, the email must be a account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a general service request using the ServiceNow Self Service Portal
New to UBC - Okanagan Employee IT Onboarding
Administrators looking to set-up additional IT services for individuals that are new to UBC can use the Okanagan Employee IT Onboarding ticket form, a one-stop form with the ability to request accounts, phone service, and IT equipment.