How To Create Accounts for Student Employees and Teaching Assistants
The process for hiring Student Employees and Teaching Assistants (TA) has changed with the launch of Workday. Please follow these instructions to ensure the applicable IT Accounts and Access are created. For regular employee onboarding requests, please complete the Okanagan - Employee IT Onboarding form.
Student Employees and Teaching Assistants (TA) might require the following accounts based on their position:
- A FASmail account is automatically created after an Employee ID is affiliated with a CWL.
- The employee status must be active (after the employment start date).
- A FASmail alias is not automatically created. Please follow the steps below.
- Teams & OneDrive
- Teams and OneDrive accounts require a FASmail Alias using a first and last name (email@example.com) and may take up to 48 hours before your Microsoft account (Teams/OneDrive) activates after you setup your FASmail alias.
- Users are not automatically added to individual departmental Teams and will have to be added manually by the Team owner/manager.
Notes & Requirements:
- Student Employees and Teaching Assistants (TA) must already have gone through the Workday hiring process and be granted an Employee ID.
- The employee status must be active and the following steps can only be done after the Workday hire date (It can take up to 72 hours for some of the automated processes to complete).
- For other accounts such as Voice Services, Computer & Hardware, Printing, or Network Drive access, please complete the Okanagan - Employee IT Onboarding form.
- Canvas access could be impacted for Teaching Assistants who do not have their Employee ID attached to their CWL.
Instructions for Students Employees and Teaching Assistants:
1. Go to myAccount and login with your CWL ID and Password.
2. Click Add Affiliation.
3. The Employee Number should already be affiliated with your CWL account and is listed under Current Affiliations. Please continue to Step 5.
4. If the Employee Number is not yet affiliated with your account, you will need to manually affiliate your Employee Number with your CWL identity.
- Select Employee Number in the New Affiliation Type dropdown, and enter your UBC Employee Number.
- If you do not know your Employee Number, please reach out to your hiring manager.
- Once you have completed this step, you may have to wait 24 hours before proceeding. An EAD account and FASmail account will be provisioned during this step.
5. Click on “Add FASmail Alias” in the left menu.
6. You can now set your FASmail alias by following the instructions and prompts on the page.
7. Please remember to save all your changes before exiting. Note: All changes are final. Once you exit the page, the “Add FASmail Alias” option will disappear from the menu. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the page.
If you do not see the option to "Add FASmail Alias", this means:
- The Employee ID has not been properly associated with your CWL yet.
- Your account is not eligible for a FASmail alias.
- A FASmail Alias has been previously created for your account.
Article ID: 1203
Created On: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 10:14 AM
Last Updated On: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:21 AM
Authored by: Justin Avdich
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-to-create-accounts-for-student-employees-and-teaching-assistants-1203.html