How To Access Your Research Folder (P Drive)
Article ID: 1088 | Last Updated: Fri, May 5, 2023 at 2:30 PM
To connect to an Okanagan campus network file storage share, you must be using a computer that is connected to the campus network. This can be any of the following:
Windows [Self Service]
- Windows 7 - In Windows Explorer, right click on Computer and select Map network drive...
Windows 10 - In Windows Explorer, right click on This PC and select Map network drive...
- Choose a drive letter and, in the Folder field, enter \\ followed by the server and share information, separated by a back slash "\", from the following article:
For the Research Drive, use P Drive and \\files.ok.ubc.ca\research
List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
Make sure you choose Connect Using different credentials and type your ead\ credentials...
Click Finish to complete the connection.
OSX [Self Service]
- From the Finder , select Go > Connect to Server .
- Enter smb:// , followed by the server and share information, separated by a forward slash "/", from the following article: List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
- Click Connect and sign in using your CWL credentials. Ensure to use the following format for the username "EAD\CWLusername"
Other [Self Service]
Nearly any computer that can connect to a SMB or CIFS share can connect to the Okanagan campus network file storage shares. Use the documentation for your operating system along with the information in the following article to connect: List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
There are no attachments for this article.
Backup MAC Data to the Network
Viewed 4146 times since Wed, Apr 6, 2016
Backup PC Data to the Network
Viewed 3973 times since Wed, Apr 6, 2016
How To Access Your EAD Home Drive
Viewed 4503 times since Thu, Jun 18, 2020
How to Access Your EAD Team Share
Viewed 2626 times since Fri, Jun 19, 2020
How do I access Workspace 2?
Viewed 4771 times since Fri, Jun 12, 2015