How To Access Your Research Folder (P Drive)
Article ID: 1088 | Last Updated: Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 10:41 AM
To connect to an Okanagan campus network file storage share, you must be using a computer that is connected to the campus network. This can be any of the following:
- Campus wired network
- Campus ubcsecure or ubcoprivate wireless networks
- UBC VPN
Windows [Self Service]
- Windows 7 - In Windows Explorer, right click on Computer and select Map network drive...
Windows 10 - In Windows Explorer, right click on This PC and select Map network drive...
- Choose a drive letter and, in the Folder field, enter \\ followed by the server and share information, separated by a back slash "\", from the following article:
For the Research Drive, use P Drive and \\files.ok.ubc.ca\research
List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
Make sure you choose Connect Using different credentials and type your ead\ credentials...
Click Finish to complete the connection.
OSX [Self Service]
- From the Finder , select Go > Connect to Server .
- Enter smb:// , followed by the server and share information, separated by a forward slash "/", from the following article: List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
- Click Connect to complete the connection.
Other [Self Service]
Nearly any computer that can connect to a SMB or CIFS share can connect to the Okanagan campus network file storage shares. Use the documentation for your operating system along with the information in the following article to connect: List of Okanagan campus file storage shares
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Outlook keeps prompting me to login
Viewed 6655 times since Tue, Nov 17, 2015
Backup MAC Data to the Network
Viewed 2822 times since Wed, Apr 6, 2016
Backup PC Data to the Network
Viewed 3136 times since Wed, Apr 6, 2016