How do I obtain access to the Home Use Program (HUP) Microsoft software?
This article will explain eligibility and how to obtain UBC Home Use Program (HUP) Microsoft Office software.
(Previously know as the Work At Home license program).
All active employees with a valid @ubc.ca email address, or an address in a UBC subdomain (e.g. @xxx.ubc.ca) may obtain the self procured HUP license.
Here follows the procurement process in point form.
Pre authorization process.
- IT sends a knowIT article with MS Office HUP program website link Microsoft Home Use Program Website and a key code.
- As of 04.21.2017 the Home Use Program (HUP) key code is: 2CEE1019D3
- User is sent a confirmation email to their @ubc email account.
- User confirms their interest in the HUP program .
- User is taken to the HUP license order screen.
Website license ordering steps.
- User orders software license for $13. (Users are entitled to purchase one license for each, PC and MAC O/S.)
- Microsoft Home Use Program – Order History Request, which says Welcome back and click this link.
- Your Microsoft Home Use Program Confirmation which displays a big red square with a link to confirm your account.
- Microsoft HUP Order Confirmation – which states at top to click the Order History for steps on how to install. (Do not get waylaid, by the large 32-bit and 64-bit download buttons beckoning to active.)
- If you instead click the Order History it takes you to a web page.
- Click the order number and it opens a new web page with the key and version download button.
If you have any problems with the HUP license service please contact the UBCO IT Service Desk @ 79000 or submit a service ticket at UBCO IT Services Help Desk
Escalation Path 1. Jill MacKenzie 2. Aaron Heck - Software License Procurement