How to use Swipe to Print in the Library
Article ID: 942 | Last Updated: Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM
Follow these instructions to use the new Swipe to Print for student printing.
To print using the new Swipe to Print process, you must meet the following criteria:
- Active Student
- Money in your Pay for Print account
- Printing using the QuickPrint feature using the "Student-BW" or "Student-Colour" printing queue
- From a UBCO Student/Lab Workstation, click Print in your application.
- In the printer dialogue box, ensure that the "Student-BW" or "Student-Colour" printer is selected.
- The print job will be held until you release the print job or a maximum of 4 hours.
- To release the print job, "Swipe" your Student Card at one of the available student printing devices.
- Your document(s) will be pulled down from the virtual holding queue will begin to print after it is processed.
- If you do not have your UBC Student ID card, you can release your print job by authenticating directly at the device by using your Student Number and PIN.
- If you do not know your PIN, or wish to reset it, log into the Pay For Print portal and Change PIN.
- If you wish to cancel your print job, you can cancel anytime using the Pay For Print portal, or your job will be cancelled automatically after 4 hours.