How to Print from Your Own Device Using Student QuickPrint
Article ID: 937 | Last Updated: Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 8:19 AM
Follow these instructions to use the Student QuickPrint feature on student printers at UBCO
QuickPrint allows you to upload a document and print it from your own device. After the document is uploaded, you may release the print job directly at any Ricoh student printer. For more information on student printing, read the article: How to use Swipe to Print.
To access the Student QuickPrint page you must meet the following criteria:
- Active Student.
- Active Novell Account.
- Accessing the portal using a UBC Library/Lab workstation or Secure Wifi or VPN.
- Navigate directly to the Student QuickPrint or find a compatible printer by the clicking on the Student QuickPrint link in the Pay For Print portal.
- Black and White: https://it.ok.ubc.ca/quickprint/student-bw
- Colour Documents: https://it.ok.ubc.ca/quickprint/student-colour
- On the iPrint Portal, log in using your Novell User Name and Password to authenticate.
- Upload a document and select printing options such at page size and click Print.
- The print job will be held until you release the print job or a maximum of 4 hours.
- To release the print job, simply swipe your UBC Student ID Card at any of the student Ricoh devices.
- If you do not have your UBC Student ID card, you can release your print job by authenticating directly at the device by using your Student Number and PIN.
- If you do not know your PIN, or wish to reset it, log into the Pay For Print portal and Change PIN.
- If you wish to cancel your print job, you can cancel anytime using the Pay For Print portal, or your job will be cancelled automatically after 4 hours.