How do I perform basic audio editing in Audacity?
Here are a few tips for simple audio edits in Audacity. There are many more in-depth tutorials available on YouTube.
Delete Section of Audio
- Click and drag to select an area of audio you want to delete
- Press "Delete" on keyboard. This will cause audio following your selection to bump forward
Move a Section of Audio
- Click and drag to select an area of audio you want to move
- Click the Cut button (or Command+X)
- Click on the track where you want to place the audio
- Click Paste (or Command+V). This will insert the previously cut section of audio and bump the remaining audio back
Silence a section of Audio (without affecting duration)
- Click and drag to select an area of audio you want to silence
- Click the Silence button
Adjust Volume of a track
- Use the volume slider. Right to increase volume, left to decrease volume