How to enrol in Enhanced CWL
Follow these instructions to enrol in Enhanced CWL (multifactor authentication).
To enrol in Enhanced CWL, you must first have an active CWL account.
- Manage CWL: https://www.myaccount.ubc.ca/myAccount
- Create New CWL: https://activate.id.ubc.ca/iamweb
If you have an existing CWL account, proceed to the instructions below.
1) Login to the MFA Device Management Website.
- Using your CWL username and password, login to the Self-service MFA Enrollment and Device Management website at https://mfadevices.id.ubc.ca
2) Click Start setup to begin enrolling your first device.
3) Choose Your Authentication Device Type
- Select the type of device you'd like to enroll and click Continue.
- We recommend using a smartphone for the best experience, but you can also enroll a landline telephone, a security key, or iOS/Android tablets.
4) Enter Your Phone Number
- Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone, landline, or cell phone that you'll have with you when you're logging in to a Duo-protected service.
- You can enter an extension if you chose "Landline" in the previous step.
- After entering the phone number, double-check that you entered it correctly, check the box, and click Continue.
- If you don't want to share your phone number, use the "Tablet" option.
5) Choose Platform
- Choose your device's operating system and click Continue.
6) Install Duo Mobile App
- Duo Mobile is an app that runs on your smartphone and helps you authenticate quickly and easily. Without it, you'll still be able to log in using a phone call or text message, but for the best experience, we recommend that you use Duo Mobile.
- Follow the platform-specific instructions on the screen to install Duo Mobile. After installing our app return to the enrollment window and click I have Duo Mobile installed.
7) Activate Duo Mobile
- Activating the app links it to your account so you can use it for authentication. On iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner.
- If you do not want to scan the barcode, or it does not work, click "Email me an activation link instead".
- The "Continue" button is clickable after you scan the barcode successfully.
- You are now successfully enrolled with Enhanced CWL and Multifactor Authentication.
- Once you are enrolled you can manage any of the authentication methods associated with your account, including adding or removing a device.
For more information about the project, please visit the Enhanced CWL page at https://privacymatters.ubc.ca/enhancedcwl.