How to use Swipe to Print in the Library
Follow these instructions to use the new Swipe to Print for student printing.
To print using the new Swipe to Print process, you must meet the following criteria:
- From a UBCO Student/Lab Workstation, click Print in your application.
- In the printer dialogue box, ensure that the "Student-BW" or "Student-Colour" printer is selected.
- The print job will be held until you release the print job or a maximum of 4 hours.
- To release the print job, "Swipe" your Student Card at one of the available student printing devices.
- Your document(s) will be pulled down from the virtual holding queue will begin to print after it is processed.
- If you do not have your UBC Student ID card, you can release your print job by authenticating directly at the device by using your Student Number and PIN.
- If you do not know your PIN, or wish to reset it, log into the Pay For Print portal and Change PIN.
- If you wish to cancel your print job, you can cancel anytime using the Pay For Print portal, or your job will be cancelled automatically after 4 hours.
For more information or assistance, please contact the ITServices Helpdesk
- 250.807.9000 or 855.807.9001.
Article ID: 942
Created On: Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:11 PM
Last Updated On: Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM
Authored by: Justin Avdich
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-to-use-swipe-to-print-in-the-library-942.html