How do I work with ISO files?
Follow these instructions to mount, burn, or unpack an ISO file.
An ISO file is an image of a CD or DVD. The most common ways to work with these files are:
- Windows 8/10 or macOS will open these files natively when they are double clicked. A new drive letter will be created showing the contents of the ISO.
- Virtual CloneDrive is a third party Windows package that can be used on Windows 7 to mount CD/DVD image files onto a Virtual drive and work with them as though they were on a disc in your regular DVD/CD drive.
- Rufus can be used to create a bootable USB device from an ISO, or to simply replicate the ISO onto a USB drive for software installs.
- 7-Zip or similar software can be use to extract individual files from an ISO.
- ImgBurn or similar software can be used to burn an ISO onto a blank DVD.
Article ID: 893
Created On: Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:10 AM
Last Updated On: Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:10 AM
Authored by: Aaron Heck
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-do-i-work-with-iso-files-893.html