How do I manage a Distribution List?
This article describes how to manage a UBC department distribution list.
To manage a distribution list you must be using a PC that is:
- Running Microsoft Office 2010 or Office 2013
- Configured with your UBC FASmail within the Office 2010/2013 application
Unfortunately for Mac users, this functionality is not supported in Office for Mac and you must use:
- Outlook Web Access (OWA), also referred to as your UBC Webmail
If your distribution list is a hidden distribution list [not visible in the Address Book], you cannot manage list membership. In order to make changes to list membership for hidden distribution lists, please submit a ticket.
Instructions for PC
To add and remove members on your distribution list using Outlook 2010/2013, do the following:
- Launch Outlook 2010/2013.
- With Mail (for example you will see Inbox) selected on the left, click the Address Book icon found in the upper-right of your Outlook window.
- Search for your distribution list by name for example UBCO-OK##, where ## is the last two letters of your HRMS department code.
- Double-click the distribution list you want to modify from the search results.
- Click Modify Members....
- The Contact Group Membership window will appear.
- To remove a member, select the member from the list and click Remove.
- To add a member, click the Add... button. Then search for the person you want to add.
- When you are done making changes to your distribution list, click OK. Then click Apply and OK. You may then close the Address Book window.
Instructions for Mac (Webmail)
- From the Options menu, select See All Options.
- Click Groups.
- In the Public Groups I Own section, click Edit for the distribution list you want to modify.
- In the Membership section, select email addresses to add or remove members of the distribution list.
- Click Save.
Article ID: 195
Created On: Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Authored by: Clay Pakenham
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-do-i-manage-a-distribution-list-195.html