How to request IT equipment moves for UBCO staff or faculty
To request the move of a single UBC employee’s IT equipment (staff or faculty) from one location to another for office moves, renovations or new builds, you can use the Okanagan - Employee IT Equipment Move Request form in the UBC Self-Service Portal.
Applies to: Contractors / Researchers / Faculty / Staff / Student Employees
Please complete this form providing as much detail about the move as possible – you will be contacted by an IT Project Coordinator for a consultation.
|Accessing the Form
- Login to the UBC Self-Service Portal with your CWL credentials.
- Click on Request a Service. From the left side menu, click on "Hardware, Software & Desktop Support".
- Select the "Okanagan - Employee IT Equipment Move Request Form"
|Completing the Form
Contact & Move Details
- Once "No" is selected for the first question "Is this move for more than 5 people or to multiple locations?" additional fields required will be displayed.
Your contact details will auto-populate based on your CWL entered to login to the Portal. Telephone is not mandatory.
- Complete the move details.
IT is unable to move furniture or items bolted to a desk (including keyboard trays, monitor arms, etc). Please complete a UBCO Facilities Work Request to have these items removed / moved.
IT Equipment to Move
- Select the boxes next to the equipment which will need to be disconnected, moved and reconnected. You will be asked for more details on the following page.
- Desk Layout & Comments
- If you have a layout for the new office and/or how the equipment should be set up at the new location please attach it here. This can be done a few days prior to the reconnect date (see below for how to view submitted tickets to add comments and attachment after submission).
- Add any additional details about the move as needed in the Comment box.
- Click Next
You'll be prompted to provide additional details for any equipment selected from the first page.
Click on "*Options" or the chevron icon on the far right to open additional fields with more information.
- Note: You can also attach files to any of the options selected if needed.
- Telephone Line (phones, fax)
- Please provide the relevant phone or fax number; if the Phone Display name (the name shown on the phone screen) is different than the Employee name listed please provide it here (e.g. for a call centre)
- Please indicate if the new location has a phone set in place already
- Computer Equipment - please list any computer equipment with the IT Service Tag / Asset Numbers which needs to be moved (smaller devices like keyboards and mice should also be listed but they will not have an IT Service Tag).
- Please list any special network requirements (i.e. special department VPN or software access needs)
- AV Equipment - If any video conference equipment or wall mounted display needs to be moved please list it here (with any IT Service Tags).
|Submit the Form
- Click NEXT
- You have the option to edit any information provided on the previous page by selecting "Edit Options", or click
- You will be given a REQ# as well as RITM # for each requested option. Please note the RITMs# for future reference.
- You will also receive a confirmation email with this information.
- Your ticket will be processed by our staff, and assigned to a technician(s) for completion.
- Note: You can add any comments once you have submitted the Request by going to View My Tickets
- If you entered the CWL of the employee being moved, the Request will appear in that employees My Request -> Request List (see #6 below). It will also show in your My Watched Requests (under My Requests. See #7 below)
If you did NOT provide the CWL of the employee being moved, the Request will only appear in your My Request -> Request List (see #6 below).
- Click on "Requests" to view all Request Items (services requested), then click on a Request Item# to view the details of that specific requested service.
- If you submitted the ticket WITHOUT the CWL of the employee moving, you will need to click "My Watched Requests" on the left side and then select the Request tab:
From here you can view the status of the ticket, any responses from the Service Technician(s), respond or add any additional comments or attach files to the request.
Article ID: 1156
Created On: Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 5:08 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM
Authored by: Erin Trifunov
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-to-request-it-equipment-moves-for-ubco-staff-or-faculty-1156.html