Accessing a shared mailbox using the Outlook Web App (OWA)
Switching to a shared mailbox after logging into your own FASmail
- Open a web browser and go the following web address:
- Login to OWA with your CWL/EAD username and CWL password.
- Locate your account icon in the top right hand corner and click on it
- In the Open Other Mailbox window, type in the email address of the generic mailbox you wish to access and click Open.
- OWA will refresh and open the generic mailbox.
Accessing a generic mailbox directly through a web address.
- Open a web browser and type in one of the following web addresses:
Note: Always be sure to include "www" in the address as without this, the system cannot find the mailbox name
- For generic mailboxes ending with an @ubc.ca email address:
- For generic mailboxes ending with any other domain email address (e.g. @mail.ubc.ca):
- Login to OWA with your CWL/EAD username and CWL password
- OWA will open directly into the generic mailbox.
Article ID: 1135
Created On: Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 2:02 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 9:17 AM
Authored by: Steven Holden
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/accessing-a-shared-mailbox-using-the-outlook-web-app-owa-1135.html