How to Submit an IT Equipment Consult or Purchase Request using the UBC Self-Service Portal
On November 2, 2020, UBC IT Okanagan moved to the UBC Self-Service Portal along with the Integrated Services Centre after the launch of Workday. This makes it easier for staff and faculty in the Okanagan, and across UBC, to access a variety of UBC support services from a single website: ubc.service-now.com.
- Log in to the UBC self-service portal using your CWL ID and password at - www.ubc.service-now.com/selfservice
- Click on "Request a Service".
- From the left side menu bar, select "Hardware, Software & Desktop Support". The select either:
- "Order New Hardware" for IT equipment Quote or Purchase Request (or a consultation)
- Please describe the equipment needed and the functions related to the equipment needs in the "Detailed Description" section of the ticket form (e.g. laptop / desktop computer with ability to use CAD software).
- "Order New Software" for software Quote or Purchase Request (or a consultation)
- Please note that software requests that collect any Personal Information [PI] must complete a Privacy Impact Assessment [PIA] before they can be used CLICK HERE for more details on this process)
Article ID: 1098
Created On: Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 2:12 PM
Last Updated On: Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:32 PM
Authored by: Erin Trifunov
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-to-submit-an-it-equipment-consult-or-purchase-request-using-the-ubc-self-service-portal-1098.html