Wireless Presentation using AirMedia
Using AirMedia to present wirelessly from a device at UBCO
1.) Your device must be connected to ubcsecure to present wirelessly.
2.) The room needs to have an AirMedia device. If one is installed the Control Panel will have a button labelled AirMedia on it.
3.) You will need the AirMedia application for your device:
- For PC or Apple computers a light version of the application can be downloaded from the device you are connecting to. The IP address of the device is shown on the display/screen in the room when the AirMedia input is selected and the display/screen is on. Connect to the IP Address shown through a Web Browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Edge.
- A full version for PC or Apple computers is available near the bottom of the page here: https://www.crestron.com/en-US/Products/Featured-Solutions/Airmedia
- For iOS Devices you can use the App Store application to search for "Crestron AirMedia" and install the app on your device.
- For Android devices you can use the Google Play Store to search for "Crestron AirMedia" and install the app on your device.
- Connect your device via WiFi to ubcsecure using your CWL credentials.
- Open the Crestron AirMedia application:
- On a Windows computer it will be in the Start Menu under the Crestron submenu
- On an Apple OS X computer it will be in the Applications folder
- On an Android device it will be an icon on your device
- On an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) it will be an icon on your device
- Once the app opens it will have a place to type in the AirMedia devices IP Address. (it may display an IP address already if it has connected to an AirMedia device already)
- Type the IP Address for the AirMedia device you are trying to connect to. It will be shown on the room's screen in the room once AirMedia has been selected as the source or on the touchpanel if available.
- On a PC or Mac you can press the triangular 'Play' button to start presenting.
- On a PC you will be asked for the 4 digit code that is shown on the room's screen underneath the IP Address.
- On a Mac you will be asked to select the AirMedia device from the AirPlay icon in the top menu bar. Once selected you will be asked for the 4 digit code that is shown on the room's screen underneath the IP Address. (If AirPlay isn't shown it can be turned on by going to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays and adding a checkmark to "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available")
- On an Android device you will be asked for the 4 digit code and once entered correctly your device will be mirrored to the room's screen via the AirMedia.
- On an iOS device (iPad, iPhone) you will be asked to connect via AirPlay and then enter the 4 digit code that is shown on the room's screen underneath the IP Address.
Remember to stop presenting once you are finished so you are not presenting while not in the room!
Article ID: 1022
Created On: Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM
Last Updated On: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:56 AM
Authored by: Paul Levinsen
Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/wireless-presentation-using-airmedia-1022.html