How to associate a Token with Enhanced CWL
Follow these instructions to associate an OTP Token with Enhanced CWL.
This article assumes that you have previously enrolled another device with Enhanced CWL. The hardware token will generate a one-time password (OTP) that consists of a six-digit passcode which you will manually enter when you are prompted for Multifactor Authentication. USB tokens will automatically enter the passcode on the device they are connected to (inserted into a USB port).
When may a hardware token be necessary?
- If your appointment requires you to be away from your desk frequently
- If you do not have a stationary work location equipped with a landline number
- If your appointment requires you to be in locations that do not allow the use of cellular phones
When may a token be preferable over the downloadable app?
- If you do not carry a ‘smart’ cellular phone capable of downloading mobile apps
- If you wish to have your second factor of authentication separate from any of your other devices
How can I obtain a token?
- If a hardware token is necessary to properly fulfill your current appointment, you can speak with your manager about obtaining a token through your department
- If you would like to purchase a token for yourself to own, you can visit the Staff & Faculty purchasing desk at the UBCO Bookstore. One-time Passcode (OTP) tokens are $10, USB tokens are $25.
How to associate an Token with Enhanced CWL
- Using your CWL username and password, login to the "Associate OTP Token with CWL Account" page at https://mfadevices.id.ubc.ca/secure/tokens.php
- Enter the serial number on the back of the Token into the form and click "Submit Token ID" to associate the token with your CWL
|Posted by: Justin Avdich - Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:45 AM. This article has been viewed 1926 times.
|Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/how-to-associate-a-token-with-enhanced-cwl-977.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)