Change the default server for Cisco AnyConnect
1. Log in to the VPN normally per the instructions at How do I connect to VPN with Enhanced CWL.
2. Open a Windows Explorer (File Explorer) window.
3. Copy this file path: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
or %USERPROFILE%AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client if not installed on a C: drive.
4. Paste the copied path into the Address Bar in Windows Explorer.
5. Press Enter.
6. Right-click the preferences.xml file and select Edit.
7. Edit the Default Host Name line (by default, this line reads <DefaultHostName></DefaultHostName>) to the following: <DefaultHostName>myvpn.ok.ubc.ca</DefaultHostName>
8. Click File > Save.
9. Quit the VPN client by right-clicking the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the system tray (left of the clock) and select Quit.
10. Re-open the Cisco AnyConnect client by selecting it from the Start Menu.
11. myvpn.ok.ubc.ca should automatically populate in the text box.
- Quit AnyConnect.
- In Finder use Go -> Go to Folder... to open this directory: /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile where you will find one or more files that end in .xml.
- Copy the xml files to the Desktop or another folder, leaving no .xml files in this directory.
- Start AnyConnect, type myvpn.ok.ubc.ca and connect. This will download an updated copy of the .xml file for the profile you are using.
- Quit AnyConnect and relaunch - you should now see myvpn.ok.ubc.ca either pre-filled in, or in the pulldown menu of choices.
- You can now delete the files you moved to your desktop.
|Posted by: Steven Holden - Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM. This article has been viewed 20592 times.
|Online URL: https://knowit.ok.ubc.ca/article/change-the-default-server-for-cisco-anyconnect-1130.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)