How do I configure FileZilla for website publishing?
Follow these instructions to configure FileZilla so that you can upload (publish) your web documents.
- Open FileZilla (usually found in Start > Programs > Internet > FileZilla)
- FileZilla will open and present you with a window similar to the following one:
- Click on the File menu, and select Site Manager.
- Click the New Site button, or select an entry to modify the connection details.
- Type in your domain name as the site name and press enter.
- In the site details, use the following settings:
Host <your provided domain name>
i.e. mysite.ok.ubc,ca, mydomain.com
Port 21443 Protocol FTP - File Transfer Protocol Encryption Require explicit FTP over TLS Logon Type Normal User <your Novell username>
(unless you have been provided a specific FTP user account)
Password <your Novell password>
(unless you have been provided a specific FTP user account password)
- Click the OK or Connect button to save your changes.
- When you connect to the server for the first time using this new setting you will be prompted with an "Unknown Certificate" window. Please check the "Always trust certificate in future sessions" option and click OK.
- That's it! You should now be connected to the FTP server over an SSL encrypted channel, ensuring that your username, password and FTP commands are all secured. If you should run into any difficulties connecting to a server that you know that you should have access to, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 79000.