UBC Onboarding process
This article provides a brief explanation of how the New Employee onboarding process works.
- When an employee is hired the administrator will input the employment form into HRMS.
- Once an employee ID is generated from HRMS an automated email (external) is sent to the new employee and the manager (internal) of the employee. There is also a mailing list for each HRMS code with at least one person who should receive this notification as well. Employee record should show up within AccessUBC at this point.
- This process also generates an automated CWL, if a CWL does not exist already. This is when we should be able to see the information in AccessUBC (takes up to 24 hours for information to populate). Previously department admins would supply a CWL PIN to the new employee. Department admins have been instructed not to do this as it breaks the AccessUBC process if a manual CWL account is created.
- The new employee has 48 hours to log into the link provided in the email to set their password, change security questions and select an email alias.
- As part of the onboarding of a new UBCO employee, a FASmail account is also automatically created.
Knowledge Credit - Andy Fehr